donuts

donuts

Friday, December 5, 2014

To Cuff or Not to Cuff



Booties are the hipster girls best friend. BUT, booties are often a gateway shoe into many fashion crimes. The number one offense associated with booties; CUFFing. May not sound that bad, but have you ever seen a woman walking around with saggy ankles and adorable booties? Not a good combo. To pull off a bootie, you must pair the shoe with an appropriate bottom. (ie: not bootleg pants & no saggy ankles, and definitely no 3/4 length pants) You must cuff cuff cuff. You can change up the cuff depending on the style of your jeans. In this case I am wearing high waisted skinny jeans. Since I have ankles the size of a 5 year old, I MUST cuff. I can't even wear those adorable tapered jeans that are already cropped for your convenience. (Insert pouty face) Moving on... I suggest you put on your shoes before you cuff your jeans. This will give you a good visual when you are measuring how high your cuff will go. Just experiment with different lengths. I typically won't fold over my jeans more than twice, does that make sense? If you fold them up more than 3 times your ankle starts to look like you are "just big boned", or like you quickly preparing for a flash flood.
 
I digress. Anywho,  it's not that hard. Just make sure your cuff is wrinkle free and your seams are straight. THAT'S IT! Viola! You are done! You are free to go out and look fab. <3 And to answer the question...... CUFF, always cuff.        


Love,
A

No comments:

Post a Comment